VMware Cloud Community
jeremyahagan
Contributor
Contributor

Change vCenter Service Account

Hi,

I've recently used Simple Install to install a vCenter 5.1 Update 1c server. I thought I would only need to use LocalSystem for the service accounts, but now I have changed my mind. I'd like to change the services to use a domain service account. To prepare for this I have added the service account to the local Administrators group and given it the "Log on as a service" right. I've also opened up the VCDB in SQL Mamagement Studio and added a login and given it the DBO role on the VCDB database.

I thought this would be enough, but the SSO service starts, and the VMware VirtualCenter Server does not.

Is there a guide on how to do this? I suspect I need to re-register vCenter with SSO after making the change, but wanted to find a definitive source of information that specifically relates to changing the service account.

Regards,

Jeremy.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
raog
Expert
Expert

Never tried doing this.. but this might help:

http://uniekdevries.wordpress.com/2011/06/24/how-to-change-the-service-account-for-the-vmware-vspher...

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos