VMware Cloud Community
ako
Contributor
Contributor

Change language in HTML5 Client

Hi everybody

does anybody know, how to change the language in html5 client with regional settings of German/Switzerland to english? I only found hints for the flash based web client.

many thanks for any suggestions

Tags (2)
8 Replies
LokeshHK
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can try like this "https://<ip>or<fqdn>/ui/?locale=en_US".

Regards

Lokesh

dskwared
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I just tried LokeshHK​'s suggestion and that seemed to work for me. However, I had to clear my browser cache and reload the page in order for the language changes to fully stick.

thenameisDJ
Contributor
Contributor

Are you certain that you tried it with the HTML5 client? Can you specify which version, browser and operating system and which languages you tested?

I could not get it to work so far in both Vivaldi and Safari using private sessions (on MacOS 10.12.6)

Currently this makes me not want to use the HTML5 client even though it is vastly better performing than the flash version, because the german localisation uses very different terms from the english one and the latter is simply more consistent and more useful for research and documentation.

0 Kudos
christophherde1
Contributor
Contributor

In vSphere 6.7 you can simply click your login name in the upper right corner of thje screen, select "My Preferences" > "Language" and switch between "Browser default" and "Specify a language", where the latter enables you to choose between English, German, Spanish, French, Korean and three other Asian languages which I'm not able to identify Smiley Wink

pastedImage_0.png

SwePantera
Contributor
Contributor

I tried your suggestion, it still shows a mix between English and German in some parts?

VMware HTML5 language.png

0 Kudos
christophherde1
Contributor
Contributor

Did you already do a "Shift+F5" and clear your browser cache?

0 Kudos
gflores1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks  it worked  for me. I couldnt find the option at  my users name so the only option i had was change the local at the browser calling

0 Kudos
ozantt
Contributor
Contributor

Did you do it for flash ?

0 Kudos