For some reason a CentOS 6.9 VM that's not a DHCP server, AD server, DNS server or any kind of server other than having the Server OS installed was causing our DHCP server to have a bunch of BAD_ADDRESSES showing up. This is on vCenter 6.7. It has a vmxnet3 network adapter, 50GB of HDD and not a whole lot else. The only other thing I can think of is that we're behind a proxy, but we had a similar issue about a year ago, with apparently another linux box, but weren't behind a proxy at that time. Is there any sort of known issue about this? Perhaps I need to have something specific installed? I had installed VMtools 10.3.5, but just uninstalled it in favor of open-vm-tools as I understand that's the preferred tools to have installed. Is it possible the VM tools was causing an issue? Perhaps the NIC? OS related?
So I removed VM Tools and installed open-vm-tools instead and moved it to a different scope on a different DHCP server so as to not screw up our production stuff. I added a couple other Linux machines as well to get DHCP addresses and so far no other bad address have shown up. I'm going to ask the team to move the machine back and see if it happens again, but this would be a second time a Linux machine has caused this issue, but nobody has the original machines to figure out why it happened the first time.
I realize this post is SUUUPER old but... I'm in an identical situation so I'm really hoping that OP sees this comment and has an update.
@emcclure- someone is asking if you have an update.
I apologize for the very delayed reply. Shortly after I had posted this I got caught in a mass layoff and was unemployed for a while. I wish I could give you an answer, but it was so long ago I don't remember if I ever got it resolved or not.