VMware Cloud Community
TarakanovOleg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cant to start work with vCener 5.5.0b (WS2008R2)

Hi all!

Sorry for my english.

I install VMware vCenter 5.5.0b in Windows Server 2008 R2, and login in https://vcenter:9443/vsphere-client (domain admin).

But i can not do anything - see image, Loadl progress - not finish.

Help me please. With vApp vCenter all be fine.

vc-4.pngvc-1.pngvc-2.pngvc-3.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NetRock
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Since vSphere 5.5 the local Administrator account of vCenter Server (and ofcource the Domain Admins) wouldn't get a full vCneter Administrator privilege.

As a.p. said you have to login to Webclient with default administrator account ( administrator@vsphere.local) and then create

an Identity Source then you should give a domain user/group an administrator privilege on vCenter server.

Hope it helped you to solve the issue.

Cheers,

NetRock

If you find this answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

please logon to the Web Client using the administrator@vsphere.local account and check whether your domain is listed in "Administration" -> "Identity Sources". Then verify that the vCenter object in the inventory has the appropriate permissions for domain groups and/or users.

André

NetRock
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Since vSphere 5.5 the local Administrator account of vCenter Server (and ofcource the Domain Admins) wouldn't get a full vCneter Administrator privilege.

As a.p. said you have to login to Webclient with default administrator account ( administrator@vsphere.local) and then create

an Identity Source then you should give a domain user/group an administrator privilege on vCenter server.

Hope it helped you to solve the issue.

Cheers,

NetRock

If you find this answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.