VMware Cloud Community
Pelomannen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cant manage VMs in web client

After upgrading to the latest vCenter server 6.5 (released in august 2018) I'm having trouble with the web client. As you can there are no icon next to the name of the vm and if I right click I cant manage the VM. The right side is just blank. If I try the HTML5 web client it's just white blank.

vsphere.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pelomannen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If I disable Windows Defender it works fine, just have to find out which file it's locking.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What browser are you using and on what platform?

0 Kudos
Pelomannen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Doesn't matter if I use Chrome, IE and Firefox it's the same. Same thing from different computers. It's a vCenter server installed on Win Server 2016

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

With it being a vCenter on Windows (cringe) it could be anything. Nuke it and start over with the vCSA. Windows is dead anyhow.

0 Kudos
Pelomannen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

can't do that because Dell VSM doesn't support 6.7 Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I didn't say necessarily go to 6.7, but you can always deploy a new 6.5 vCSA and swing-migrate your stuff over to it. Little more work you have to do, but you'd be rid of that Windows abomination and in a good place for future upgrades.

0 Kudos
LokeshHK
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

whether it was working earlier before upgrading to latest 65 patch?

There is a KB for similar issue in windows server 2016 VMware Knowledge Base that you can try.

Regards

Lokesh

0 Kudos
Pelomannen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you but that didn't help.

If I reboot the server and log in I get "Some registered login handlers didn't complete on time. Login proceeded without waiting any further. The vSphere Client may have limited functionality until these handlers complete. See the log for additional details."

0 Kudos
Pelomannen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If I disable Windows Defender it works fine, just have to find out which file it's locking.

0 Kudos