VMware Cloud Community
mmaus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cant delete VM Folders

I was testing the Horizon application and my company has decided to not move forward with it.  I have removed all the test vms and servers I needed to created the environment with.  I noticed today that I still have the ClonePrep folders listed in the inventory.  They do not have anything inside them and when I go to delete them...nothing happens.

Can anyone assist me with what I might need to do to delete these empty folders?

pastedImage_0.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The folders are protected by default. Take a look at Instant-Clone Maintenance Utilities for how to unprotect, and delete them. This may require to temporarily setup a connection server, if you have already deleted everything.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi mmaus​,

Try connecting to one of the ESXi host UI directly and attempt to delete these folders from datastore.

If it still has issues, you can SSH to ESXi and delete these folders by running 'rm -rf' command.  For ex: rm -rf  foldername

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The folders are protected by default. Take a look at Instant-Clone Maintenance Utilities for how to unprotect, and delete them. This may require to temporarily setup a connection server, if you have already deleted everything.

André

0 Kudos
mmaus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ashilkrishnan
When I browse the datastore... I dont see these folders to delete.

a.p.
The instructions for the cleanup utility say I have to connect to the connection server, but the connection server has already been delete.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

..., but the connection server has already been delete.

That's why I mentioned that yo may need to temporarily setup a connection server, to get access to the required utilities.

I'm currently not aware of a supported way manually to unprotect the folders from within the vCenter Server database itself.

André

0 Kudos
mmaus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Im sorry...skimmed through the response too quickly...its been a monday over here.

Thanks

***UPDATE:
I created a new VM, installed Horizon on it.  I did not have to go into the portal and reconfigure all the connections.  I ran the icunprotect.cmd with the -includeFolders paramter.  After it logged in...it spit out some text saying the folders were unprotected and then disconnected itself.  I then went into the vCenter and was able to delete the folders.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks for the help.