VMware Cloud Community
vimallr
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot open Vm's console gives "unable to connect to mks internal error"?

When ever i open any console of the VM in my setup i get a message " couldnot connect to MKS: a general internal error occured"  with a balnk black screen background.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
dkfbp
Expert
Expert

It can mean different things. First thing to check

1. The place you are running the vSphere Client can it resolve the hostname of the ESXi host? (try to ping FQDN name)
  2. Is there a firewall between the place you the the vSphere Client and the ESXi host?
Best regards Frank Brix Pedersen blog: http://www.vfrank.org
0 Kudos
vimallr
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am able to ping the FQDN and also there is no firewall between vSphere Client and the ESXi host

Attached is the screen shot.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
vimallr
Contributor
Contributor

Hi DKFBP,

Will there be problem in lack of storage space also on the CPU and ram shortage in the hosts can this issue occur. Please let me know.

0 Kudos
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi

You screen shot shows a response from a host named BLRSFANLTS with the IP address of 10.203.60.115. The response also seems like a response from NetBios and not DNS..

This screen shot also shows that the reverse test isn't successfull as no FQDN name is returned... only the IP address 10.203.60.50.

The screen shot in your original post shows a VM which seem to live on an ESXi host with the IP address of 10.203.60.57....  Assuming this to be true, so whom do the .115 and .50 addresses belong to then and what is it?

/Rubeck

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I saw this issue a couple of times although everything (e.g. DNS) was configured properly. In most cases ipconfig /flushdns on the client on which the vSphere client is running resolved the issue.

André

0 Kudos
vimallr
Contributor
Contributor

HI Rubeck,

The ip ending with 115 is our analitics server whivh is in the host ending with the ip 50.

0 Kudos
SachinRanade
Contributor
Contributor

You might as well check the storage connectivity

Check if you can browse the LUN

0 Kudos
vimallr
Contributor
Contributor

Storage connectivity is fine and able to browse the datastore

0 Kudos
vimallr
Contributor
Contributor

Any update on this issue please help me out.

0 Kudos
vimallr
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys,

Please help me in this issue any other troubleshooting steps to be performed.

0 Kudos
vimallr
Contributor
Contributor

The error stopped coming as i removed / shutdown few VM's but not able to find why the errors come Is it cos of lack of storage in the host or the CPU & Ram shortage in the host.

Please help me.

0 Kudos
sreeibm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

you can disconnect and reconnect your host might be it will resolve.

0 Kudos