VMware Cloud Community
D3m4dm
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot join to PSC Domain

Hi,

I've got the follwing System

1 PSC v 6.5 with another Domain name than the default vsphere.local like example.local

2 vCenter in the PSC SSO

Now I would like to add a new vCenter v6 to the PSC and got the error invalid credentials.

Because I can not change the User to access i think the setup is @vsphere.local using by default.

What options I have to join the domain?

Thanks for reply

0 Kudos
11 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Had another look at your screenshot. The only possibility here is that the vCenter which you're trying to join is supplying invalid administrator@vsphere.local credentials. Check your PSC again and verify the credentials.

0 Kudos
D3m4dm
Contributor
Contributor

That's right, but my domain is not default.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Then verify the username you're supplying is consistent with that custom SSO domain.

0 Kudos
D3m4dm
Contributor
Contributor

Administrator is the correct username and the password i checked to.

I can not change the username is set

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

And you put in the FQDN of the existing PSC you have up and running?

0 Kudos
D3m4dm
Contributor
Contributor

absolutly correct

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

In your screenshot, it shows you trying to deploy vCSA 6.0, but in your first post you say the PSC is 6.5. Is this correct?

Also, you also say you have one PSC with two vCenters currently joined, so the one you're attempting here is a third vCenter?

0 Kudos
D3m4dm
Contributor
Contributor

correct

psc 6.5

to deploy version 6.0

2 vcenter actual joined, this is the third

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

It's not supported to join vCenter 6.0 to a PSC 6.5 unless you are in an upgrade situation.

0 Kudos
D3m4dm
Contributor
Contributor

That's ok if it is not supported but it have to work ??!!

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Why? What are trying to install and force an unsupported configuration? I also don't know if it's supported for 3 different vCenters to be pointed at the same PSC, especially considering your version drift.

0 Kudos