VMware Cloud Community
Fred_Weston
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot access VM console in vSphere web client 5.5 - cannot find action 'open console'

I'm using vSphere Web Client version 5.5.0 with the vCenter Server Appliance 5.5.0.10300 Build 1945271.  When I try to access the console of a VM, I get the error "Cannot find action 'open console'".  I'm running Win7x64 with Chrome v37 and the latest version of Java.  I have installed the VMware client integration plugin and restarted the browser and the problem persists.

All of the other functions I've tried seem to work, I'm only having trouble with the console functionality.

What can I do to fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
raog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Try uninstalling the plugin, and install it by right clicking->run as administrator and then try launching the console. See if this works for you.

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Fred_Weston
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

bump

0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Try uninstalling the plugin, and install it by right clicking->run as administrator and then try launching the console. See if this works for you.

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos