VMware Cloud Community
Masnakifla
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't make remote console default in Chrome 63

I have an annoying little issue that I hope there will be a fix for.

When opening VMs, I am always prompted if I want to use the remote console. Checkbox for "Always open these types of links in the associated app" does not work at all.

This is the case with both Flash and HTML5 webclient.

It is also the case in other browsers, though I think HTML5 does work in Edge. But since HTML5 is still not feature rich enough for me, even if I was able to change browsers, it is not an option.

The problem occurred after my work PC got reinstalled with W10, and all the newest versions of software were installed. I'm not sure which versions I had before under W8.1vspehere.jpg when all was working fine, but I think it was also up to date.

vSphere Web Client 6.5.0. 10000 Build 7119157

Chrome 63.0.3239.108

Remote console 10.0.2 build-7096020

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Masnakifla
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for trying to help. Unfortunately, none of the offered solutions help.

Well, none other than the one I wanted to avoid, which is changing to some old compatible browser. Such is the fate of anyone working for a "big" and old company with a lot of compatibility needs Smiley Happy

I much prefer Chrome for this (and everything else) because:

- I want to use 1 browser for everything

- it offers to pack webpages as chromeless borderless "apps", which is not only prettier, but helps window management easier, with separate distinct icons on the taskbar

But I guess I'll live with it. The only curious thing is that my colleagues, all on w10 as well, all with the same chrome/vsphere and remoteconsole versions and builds, do not have this issue.

EDIT:

It seems to be a Chrome issue after all.

Google Groups

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

just install the IETab extension for Chrome (Windows Only) :

https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/hehijbfgiekmjfkfjpbkbammjbdenadd

Regards,

Randhir

Masnakifla
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Tried it, but I get a message that my "OS-browser combination is not supported".

If I go through with it, a new empty chrome window with 1 tab named "navigationcancelledd" is opened.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

did you try below KB..... i am looking more article which can help you

VMware Knowledge Base

Regards,

Randhir

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Try the solution mentioned in the thread How to change default for the "Open Console" in 6.5 webclient?  Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Masnakifla
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for trying to help. Unfortunately, none of the offered solutions help.

Well, none other than the one I wanted to avoid, which is changing to some old compatible browser. Such is the fate of anyone working for a "big" and old company with a lot of compatibility needs Smiley Happy

I much prefer Chrome for this (and everything else) because:

- I want to use 1 browser for everything

- it offers to pack webpages as chromeless borderless "apps", which is not only prettier, but helps window management easier, with separate distinct icons on the taskbar

But I guess I'll live with it. The only curious thing is that my colleagues, all on w10 as well, all with the same chrome/vsphere and remoteconsole versions and builds, do not have this issue.

EDIT:

It seems to be a Chrome issue after all.

Google Groups

0 Kudos