VMware Cloud Community
Masteril
Contributor
Contributor

Can't login into vCenter 6.0 with 503 error

Can login into VMware vCenter (located on ESXi 6.0 server)

Using browser getting error:

"503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [N7Vmacore4Http20NamedPipeServiceSpecE:0x7fd798075ee0] _serverNamespace = / _isRedirect = false _pipeName =/var/run/vmware/vpxd-webserver-pipe)"

Using vSphere client getting error:

"An unknown connection error occured. (The server could not interpret the client request. (The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.))"

Using console getting error about bad login\password for root.

Restart of vCenter server doesn't help.

I did read about 503 error but all of the fixes require access to vCenter console.

Thanks,

Anton

Tags (2)
9 Replies
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

please check if the services are up or find which service failed to start

please share the result of the command

service-control --status --all

IF windows c:\program files\vmware\vcenterserver\bin

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
Masteril
Contributor
Contributor

How can I run the command if I can't connect login into console or browser or client?

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

is it a windows vcenter or appliance?

If it is windows vcenter -> open command prompt as administrator on windows vcenter ->

cd c:\program files\vmware\vcenterserver\bin

if it is appliance, take ssh to the appliance and run the command

Please share the output

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
Wonlliv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi there,

if you are able to login using SSH, try to query "showlog messages" and review latest entries.

Or open the remote console and press "Alt + F1" to get into the console.

I had luck running in an error like this by reading through the log which showed me that there was a NTP error.

Best regards

www.hyper-converged.com
Masteril
Contributor
Contributor

Still not sure how can I run query "showlog messages", if I press alt+F1 I still get to login.

0 Kudos
Wonlliv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You need to use the "root" login credentials to get access to the console.

The password specified during the installation.

Best regards

www.hyper-converged.com
0 Kudos
notjustlab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

All you need to check all VMware services on your vCenter servers (if its a windows servers).

If these services are stopped, you need to start them all one by one as per the dependencies of services.

If you find these services are running, then you need to restart them all again as per the dependencies.

Once these all services are started, up and running, wait for 15 min or more & then try to connect to vCenter. It should work.

0 Kudos
dmakris
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I have the same issue and I managed to login to my vCenter appliance with Putty via SSH. What should I do now?

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

it might be worthwhile to make your own post with the versions and any recenty changes

0 Kudos