VMware Cloud Community
TwinTurboRob
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can't log into VCSA after 5.5 to 6.5 Upgrade.

I am beginning the roll out of 5.5 to 6.5 upgrade and hitting an annoying hurdle at phase one the VCAS on our test farm.

Initially I got to the stage "Stage 1: Deploy Appliance" , SSO had never been configured so would not accept the SSO password.

Got that resolved and then ran all the way through the process and the new VCSA powered up.

But I can't login ???

Not with root, the old SSO, the new SSO or any combination I can come up with...

I can login to vCentre Administration page but that is it!

Any clues as it looks like it should be so simple?

Rob

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Are you using proper DNS records (forward and reverse) and have assigned a FQDN as the name when going through the deployment?

0 Kudos
golddiggie
Champion
Champion

So trying to use 'administrator@vsphere.local' with the new password you gave it doesn't allow you to log into the vCenter Server? You're able to get to the main url web page on the vCenter Server though, correct? Which web page are you trying to get into (Flex or HTML5, or either/both)?

If you can get in with the 'administrator@vsphere.local' account, then you'll need to check to make sure the domain with your other accounts is listed for an authentication source. You might need to remove the domain from the list and then add it back in again.

0 Kudos
TwinTurboRob
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

DNS resolves the name and reverse works.

Not using AD authentication on this one.

Prior to upgrade can log into VCenter Client 5.5 as "administrator@vsphere.local"

After upgrade

Can't log into Flash or HTML5 client as administrator@vsphere.local but can log into Vcenter Administration ( although there seems to be less options )

During configuration it asks for site name the information box says "the following ascii characters are allowed, A-Z, a-z, 0-9, comma, dot, etc...." but it won't accept a  "vsphere.local" says only alpha numeric, characters so I just used vsphere

EDIT:

I have re-run the install for the 6th time, I think the only change was that I change the original SSO password to match the new one before starting so the password complexity was correct before beginning.

Now working.

0 Kudos