VMware Cloud Community
Roman_B1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't join Active Directory Domain (VCSA 7.0.3)

Hello,

I've VCSA 7.0.3 running on one of two ESXi hosts. Tried to join VCSA to DC (vm, Win Server 2019, functional domain level 2016) but in Administration\sso\configuration menu - there're no available buttons to join, just text: "There are no nodes"

I've checked with vami FQDN is right, DNS resolves both sides.

I used cli - opt/likewise/bin/domainjoin-cli join and it worked. I've got the message that join is sucesseful. In DC Users and Computers I've an instance of the VCSA.

But in administraion\sso\configuration I still have no nodes, no available buttons and can't change default sso domain.

Please can somebody advise me what's the problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roman_B1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

With technical support we made some fixes with certificates but it didn't help. And as I have a small configuration of hosts and vms we decided that the easiest way to fix the problem is to re-install the instance of VCSA 🙂

And the advise was to use VCSA 7.0.2d as the most stable (support doesn't like 7.0.3 versions) as I have hosts running under 7.0.2 version.

Hope it'd be helpful for me.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
tarekhassan1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

share print screen please

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

By default, only the administrator@vsphere.local has permissions for this. Can you confirm that you logged in to the vCSA that way?

André

0 Kudos
Roman_B1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
Roman_B1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, I've logged in with administrator@vsphere.local and didn't change any roles and rights.

0 Kudos
tarekhassan1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

i know you are using VCSA 7 but this KB address same issue

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2118543

try to use Supported Browser Versions

• Google Chrome 89 or later
  • Mozilla Firefox 80 or later
  • Microsoft Edge 90 or later

0 Kudos
Roman_B1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I've already used cli and successfully joined domain but I can't change default sso domain in web client (vsphere.local) to use AD accounts. Also tried to use different browsers.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I can't unfortunately tell you whether this is a bug in this version?
Anyway, since Windows Integration is a deprecated feature, why don't you instead configure LDAP?

André

0 Kudos
Roman_B1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yeah, I will probably do this, but still I'm trying to undersatnd is it a bug and it's the only problem with VCSA. Or maybe I ruined something and someday I will loose connectivity to hosts and VMs 🙂

0 Kudos
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Did you try by root

https://vc:5480

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
Roman_B1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

With technical support we made some fixes with certificates but it didn't help. And as I have a small configuration of hosts and vms we decided that the easiest way to fix the problem is to re-install the instance of VCSA 🙂

And the advise was to use VCSA 7.0.2d as the most stable (support doesn't like 7.0.3 versions) as I have hosts running under 7.0.2 version.

Hope it'd be helpful for me.