VMware Cloud Community
stolb
Contributor
Contributor

Can't install VMware vCenter Appliance when ESXi on the KVM

I have a host machine Ubuntu 20.04 with installed KVM.

The first virtual machine is VMware ESXi host (6.5). The second one is Windows Server 2019. I use the second machine only for installing vCenter.

I can easily install any virtual machines inside the ESXi. Thus, the nested virtualization works fine.

During the initial step of installation vCenter Appliance 6.5, I get the error message: "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host: The connection is terminated by the remote end with reset packet. Usually, this is a sign of a network problem, timeout, or service overload."

A similar error was when I tried to install vCenter Appliance 7.0 

I have normal connectivity between Windows Server 2019 and ESXi machine. I have the ability to use the browser on the Windows Server and manage ESXi through the WEB client. I disabled Netfilter on the Linux KVM bridge. It didn't get help. I tried to install vCenter using FQDN and another time with a direct IP address. I tried to use libvirt networking with different modes: NAT, Routed. The result was the same, the initial step of vCenter installation crashes.

How to install vCenter Appliance on ESXi above the KVM?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies