The last time I deployed a VCHA it's really been piece of cake, but not this time 😕
I'm having issues while trying to enable VCHA either with basic or advanced configuration.
My vCenter is a 6.7c appliance, with embedded pgsql database.
The ESX hosting vCenter is managed by the cluster.
All the networks are on a DVS (already upgraded to v6.6)
When I try to configure VCHA with basic I get this message :
There's only 1 NIC on the appliance, and it's NIC0 (IP and names have been removed) :
The DNS records are fine, both forward and reverse.
I've restarted the services, no change :
service-control --stop --all &&
service-control --start --all
Btw, I didn't find how to manage VCHA via the HTML5 client, I guess this function isn't implemented yet ?
Did you check the DNS records on case-sensitivity?
So for example, if your hostname is vcenter.vsphere.local but the A Record in DNS is vCenter.VSPHERE.LOCAL you will get a similar error.
The DNS domain name on the forward zone is uppercase, so my record is like :
The PTR displays vcenter.mydomain.local
When I nslookup, both results are displayed lowercase.
I recently went through the process of standing up a new VCHA with load balanced PSC's.. and documented it (thanks to much help from other web sources). It looks to me like this is your problem with an excerpt from my documentation below. Add an additional NIC to the active node before you attempt to configure HA.
"An additional NIC must be added to the primary vCenter node just deployed. This NIC will service the VCHA heartbeat network . Edit the newly deployed primary node from within the vCenter it was deployed on."
The port group for this NIC should be L2
Can you restart vmonapi service and try vcha config.
# service-control --stop vmonapi
# service-control --start vmonapi
Please consider marking this answer as "correct" or "helpful" if you think your questions have been answered