VMware Cloud Community
obecerril
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can't access to vCenter

I have been trying to log into vcenter using the administrator@vsphere.local  credentials (i use those credentials regularly) but an error message apears saying: "A server error occurred. Unable to login because you do not have permission on any vCenter Server systems connected to this client. Check the vSphere Web Client server logs for details.", in adition i have a problem with Flash crashing every time, tried already the beta 27.

vCenter 6.5

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The vCenter Server service is not shown there. Make sure it's started. Check application event logs for any output errors. As for your flash issue, be sure to check William's article:  http://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2017/10/shockwave-flash-has-crashed-workaround-for-vsphere-web-flash-...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

check sso service is running or not other wise reset admin password

Resetting the vCenter SSO administrator password (2034608) | VMware KB

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Before resetting any passwords, I'd recommend checking vCenter to ensure all the services are started. You will get this same message if vpxd is not running but the web client is. Since they use backend APIs for communication, the web client cannot connect to the vCenter service (vpxd) and therefore cannot show any inventory.

0 Kudos
obecerril
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Restarted the vcenter VM, don't know if it worked, also even tho I installed the beta version for flash it crashedpastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
obecerril
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

after restarting the VM these are the services currenty running

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The vCenter Server service is not shown there. Make sure it's started. Check application event logs for any output errors. As for your flash issue, be sure to check William's article:  http://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2017/10/shockwave-flash-has-crashed-workaround-for-vsphere-web-flash-...

0 Kudos
obecerril
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks daphnissov​, after the restart of the vCenter VM and placing the new dll i was able to log into the vCenter, here are the links for the workarrownds for Firefox and Chrome -> Shockwave Flash crashes with vSphere Web Client 6.x (2151945) | VMware KB

0 Kudos