VMware Cloud Community
michaelgioia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can one extract CIP from VCSA ISO ?

With the mess of the CIP back in 5.5 and 6.0, surely we can arrive to the CIP installer by extracting it from a vCenter SA or Windows ISO ?

I simply need the latest 5.5 CIP and struggling to find any repository from VMware that provides it.

Based on the assortment of KB article's on CIP issues I can see many are posted for download here,

vsphereclient.vmware.com/vspherecilient*

But no way to traverse the site to see all the binaries listed.. only direct links to individual versions for all the specific issues related to CIP on that KB article.. *shame*.

It'd be nice to traverse a repository and pull them.  Thoughts anyone ?

3 Replies
michaelgioia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's a resounding yes from, say, a VCSA 6.0 instance..

Not from 5.5..

Where can I get a repo for 5.5 CIP's ?

0 Kudos
GaneshRam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi michaelgioia

You can download the latest 55x CIP from

http://vsphereclient.vmware.com/vsphereclient/VMware-ClientIntegrationPlugin-5.6.0.exe

http://vsphereclient.vmware.com/vsphereclient/VMware-ClientIntegrationPlugin-5.6.0.mac64.dmg

This KB might help you too.

Upgrading VMware Client Integration Plug-in to the latest version (2145066) | VMware KB

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
michaelgioia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yeh been there.

But.. interesting to note.. you run this.. and it's fine.  A line item appears in Programs/Features for 5.6.0, but the prior 5.5.0 line item (whatever version you had prior) remains...

Should this happen ?

I.e. When I run an update on 6.0.0, it overlaps/retains only a single installed instance.

Something is not right.

And the question on the repo still technically stands.. no one really knows of one which lists them all ?

Minus implementing a full blown vCenter Server there's no way it can be extracted from a vCenter win/appliance compilation ?

0 Kudos