VMware Cloud Community
TxBikeRider
Contributor
Contributor

Can not login to vCenter using vSphere Web Client, Chrome 54, Mac OS X 10.11 -

I am running the latest version of vCenter 6.0 but I can't get the web client to work.  When I connect to vCenter with Chrome version 54 running on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), I get the login page but the "use windows authentication" box is greyed out (not a big deal since I don't use it).  I provide my credentials and the page acts like it's going to log me in but it just resets back to the login page.  The behavior is pretty much what's described in KB2130672 but the fix (updating the client integration plug-in) does not work.

I can log in using the Firefox browser (version 50.0).

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GaneshRam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Jim :

This is a known issue on 60u2 and 60u2a. For now, please try the workaround provided in https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=21445...

I just rechecked the steps mentioned in the KB on my mac and it worked. Not sure about the vSphere versions you tried. But just wanted to let you know about the environment where i re-verified the workaround

Mac OS X : 10.11.4

Chrome version: 54.x

vSphere 60u2  : 3634788

Client integration plugin 60u2a : 4275819

This issue is likely to get fixed in upcoming vSphere release.

Thanks

Ganesh

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos