VMware Cloud Community
sathishhills
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Call "VirtualMachine.MountToolsInstaller" for object "VM Name" on vCenter Server "VC Name" failed.

Call "VirtualMachine.MountToolsInstaller" for object "VM Name" on vCenter Server "VC Name" failed.

In my VC(5.0) i have 5 host running Esxi 5.0 (Single Cluster) & totally 25 VMs.

Suddenly in some VMs  VM tools are not running & when i tried to update through VM --> Guest .. getting the above error message.

Please let me know how to fix it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sathishhills
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

The above issue was resolved after i run the command services.sh restart in the Esxi host.

Note : The root cause of the problem was our switch & router got restated..

Thanks for you reply Smiley Happy.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
wknock
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I've had had a similar issue, had to uninstall the tools due to corruption, and when trying to reinstall, got your error msg, and was also unable to vmotion or storage vmotion the server, generated identical "the operation is not allowed in it's current state".

I ended up moving the guest (when powered off) to another host, powering on, and then the tools reinstalled ok, so guessing some sort of lock on the vm files (which would explain the vmotions not working too).  If you only have a single host, only suggestion I could come up with is export and re-import one of the vm's and see if that resolves it?

Thanks

sathishhills
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

The above issue was resolved after i run the command services.sh restart in the Esxi host.

Note : The root cause of the problem was our switch & router got restated..

Thanks for you reply Smiley Happy.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Jump to solution

Hi,

Try to copy the VMtools files from any other server and paste it on the server with error, after that try to install the vmtool setup file and it will fix the issue. No need to move VM or check in ESXi

0 Kudos