VMware Cloud Community
amitrao2009ce
Contributor
Contributor

CAN Default Gateway and the das.isolationaddress0 HA Advanced Option IP Address be same ?

As a part of action plan I am asked to configure Isolation Address in VMware HA cluster. My question is can I use the Default Gateway IP Address to specify with option "das.isolationaddress0" in HA Advanced Options Settings?

I understand VMware mentioned if the Default Gateway is not pinging then use some other reliable IP Address in "das.isolationaddress0" but in my case Default Gateway is pinging and I have no other IP Address to specify other than default gateway in "das.isolationaddress0" settings ? Can I still use the default Gateway IP address in "das.isolationaddress0" ?

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Kumar

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

To be honest, I never even thought about this, as it actually doesn't seem to make any sense to replace an IP address with the same one!?

Anyway, according to VMware KB: Setting Multiple Isolation Response Addresses for VMware High Availability (Step 5) you may enter "A valid IP address other than the default gateway address".

André

0 Kudos
NavalgundRaj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Amit,

Answer is Yes,they are the same.

i.e isolation and default gateway ip are same.

The default isolation response address is the default gateway but other reliable IP addresses can be configured along with the default gateway or the default gateway can also be disabled as an isolation response address.

Note: If you found this correct or  answer useful please consider the use of the Correct buttons to award points.

Regards

Basavaraj.R Navalgund

banavalg@yahoo.com

Message was edited by: Basavaraj R Navalgund

Note: If you found this correct or answer useful please consider the use of the Correct buttons to award points. Regards Basavaraj.R Navalgund
0 Kudos