VMware Cloud Community
NishantSonu
Contributor
Contributor

Bug in Get-PassthroughDevice powercli command_line_interface

Hi , I am using Vcenter/Vsphere/ESX to do some of my task. I am using Powercli to do my work. I am facing some issue while trying to add a PCI device to a VM.

My problem is Get-PassthroughDevice” is not listing all the “passthrough device”.  There is a catch where it is failing as mentioned below:

In my ESX I have 4 HBA card of same vendor (qlogic) but this command is listing always the 1st one from that list.

The output for below screenshot from “Get-PassthroughDevice -vmhost <IP>” command should list all 4 qlogic HBA but list only the 1st one. I tried the command in 5 different ESX.

I am attaching the output of Get-PassthroughDevice command.

Please let me know if this issue is fixed in any Version of powercli . I am using VMware-PowerCLI-5.5.0-1295336 version.

You can find below line in attached file.

Uid           : /VIServer=administrator@vsphere.local@15.212.195.171:443/PassthroughDevice=HostSystem-host-70--ISP2532-based 8Gb Fibre Channel to PCI Express HBA-0/

0 Kudos
1 Reply
NishantSonu
Contributor
Contributor

If there is no solution using Powercli , is there any alternate way to  Add PCI device to VM ??

I want to add a specific passthrough HBA to a specific VM.  and delete once my work is done.

Any cli command is fine. No GUI method.

0 Kudos