VMware Cloud Community
zamrota
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Bootbank cannot be found

Hi All,

We recently installed a new host with Exi 5.1, the new hardware have preinstalled ESXi on USB stick.

From last couple of days we are getting the below error, when we login to vCenter server.

Lost Connectivity to the device mpx.vmhba32.C0:T0:L0 backing the bot filesystem/vmfs/devices/disks/mpx.vmhba32:C0:T0:L0. As a result, host configuration changes will not be saved to persistent storage.

I can see all the Virtual machines on host are running proplerly and didn't see any alerts on any of the guest machines. On Host console  and on physical server didn't see any alerts

Can you please help guide me about the error?

Thanks

AG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes, Confirm if there is nothing wrong with USB stick. You can also remove the USB stick and check yourself if it is working fine and connect back.

Thanks,

Dishank

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You are getting this error because ESXi is not able to save its data onto USB because it has lost connectivity to your USB drive. Check if the USB stick is functioning well. However you are seeing that ESX is working fine because OS is running inside the memory. Once you will reboot or power off the machine you will not able to boot again.

Thanks,

DJ

zamrota
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Should I log with vendor to confirm for USB stick connnectivity? Because these alerts were very few, but now it has been lot since last few days.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes, Confirm if there is nothing wrong with USB stick. You can also remove the USB stick and check yourself if it is working fine and connect back.

Thanks,

Dishank

0 Kudos