VMware Cloud Community
StSparky1
Contributor
Contributor

Auto Deploy The profile version is not compatible with the host version

Hi all,

I have been testing Auto Deploy and have hit a wall with deploying a host that is discovered, so not deployed with a rule.

The host is show in the Discovered Host menu and I can add it with the "Add to inventory" wizard, but I get an error that the host profile I selected is not compatible once completing the wizard. The host is added to inventory and is installed but once deployment is complete there is not profile attached, I can then attach it manually and make my customizations which works to be fair. Just not as fluid as I had hoped.

I extracted the profile from a host I used auto deploy to install, but being the "bare metal" install I did not use a host profile on the initial install obviously.

So it can't be a version issue.

Also if I deploy the same host and host profile but this time with a deploy rule using the MAC address as the pattern, then the host deploys with its temp IP and attaches the profile ready for me to enter the host customizations, hostname, management IP etc that I wanted.

Is it possible my host profile has some customization that can't be used when trying to deploy hosts from the discovered hosts list in auto deploy?

Thanks in advance for any advice  

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
franckehret
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi there,

To give some visibility to that post: I have the same kind of problem, which is:

• in an isolated environnement (it's a nested lab to learn auto-deploy) with a TFTP server, a vCenter and a few nested hosts.
  • host can be installed the first time without a profile attached
  • if I generate a host profile from the first host and want to assign it to another one in the discovered hosts, it makes the following error:

franckehret_0-1651243493202.png

vCenter is to the latest available version 7.0.3.0500 (19480866)

Error can be reproduced and I've tried to remove/change some settings in the profile, even not editing it at all, it doesn't change.

For extra info : hosts are for the moment completely "empty", so no syslog, no storage... nothing but the minimum to boo)

Any clue? Thanks in advance 😉

0 Kudos