VMware Cloud Community
ew0506
Contributor
Contributor

Auto Deploy Servers Missing Storage Adapters...

Hello,

This is my first attempt at setting up Auto Deploy and I haven't had much success finding the information I need online, so I'm here. My scenario is the following....

I have 2 blade chassis, 10 blades in each one. When I did a bare metal install of ESXI 5.5 on 2 of the servers I can see my blades HBA adapters just fine from vSphere Web Client and I can create my data stores.

When I use Auto Deploy and shoot an image to that same blade, I'm missing my Storage Adapters, the screen is blank. Now I have not provisioned the storage yet, so I'm hoping once I do and then reboot the server they will miraculously show up, but I won't hold my breathe. That being said, I know there is no hardware problem because wen I do bare metal they show up just fine. When you boot the server and watch them boot up, you also see the HBA's listed during boot.

So my question, is it normal with Auto Deploy servers to not see the Storage Adapters until you provision them on the storage? Or did I need to make a change to my host profile to see the adapters.

Keep in mind, once I did the Auto Deploy, I had already un-provisioned the disk from the storage end of things. I have not gone back yet to the storage and provisioned the storage yet, I'm just perplexed as to why the adapters don't show up by default.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
xXpl0ziVx
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Did you ever found an answer to your problema? i've got the exact same symptom and can't find a solution for it.

Anyone has got any feed back on this?

Thanks

0 Kudos