VMware Cloud Community
jmontgomery2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Attempting to Migrate/Install/Upgrade vCenter 6.5 to 6.7 or 7.0

I am getting this error message when attempting Install/Migrate etc.  Tried all options 

problem occurred during RPM installation: Error setting network. Details : 13/12/2021 18:59:29 [ERROR] Cannot run /sbin/ifup eth0 command. Unknown error. Return code : 256 output: Make sure the interface is down or not assigned any IP eth0 is DOWN or not assigned an IP. Bringnig eth0 up... Can not find the manual filename, let us search for the auto filename Performing duplicate address check for IPv4 address 192.168.1.9 Error: IP already exists in the network Unable to set the network parameters :
Installer log files are located at C:\Users\ajones\AppData\Local\Temp\vcsaUiInstaller

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jmontgomery2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I patched 6.5 to latest version.  Whether I attempt to upgrade or install new 6.7 or 7.0 I get the same message as above.

0 Kudos
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert

Hi

Please be clear do you want upgrade or install, both are not similar 

On which step you are getting this error , in initial or mid.

Migrate also different scenario ( Windows to appliances) is it embedded   PSC or external where is your 

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
jmontgomery2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is the exact error we receive whether I have attempted as an upgrade or as a new install.

jmontgomery2_0-1639571703633.png

0 Kudos
jmontgomery2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here are the exact steps I took.

1.  Uploaded ISO Image

2.  Opened ISO Image

3.  Chose the Upgrade Option.

4.  Entered all required information (for existing source and for Temporary static IP for new vCSA which is required.)  It goes along with Upgrade - Stage 1 Deploy vCenter Server.  It slowly moves along the process till I get to the following error message.

jmontgomery2_0-1639580762045.png

0 Kudos
jmontgomery2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here is what I pulled from the Installer Log file towards the bottom:  The Temporary IP Address we used is in DNS both Forward and Reverse Lookup.    The issue is still the same in that it gets to about 80% Deploy and fails.

2021-12-15T15:35:40.856Z - error: rpmInstall error[10]: {
detail: [
{
id: 'install.setnet.set.network.vami',
translatable: 'Error setting network. Details : %(0)s',
args: [Array],
localized: 'Error setting network. Details : 15/12/2021 15:31:51 [ERROR] Cannot run /sbin/ifup eth0 command. Unknown error. Return code : 256 output: Make sure the interface is down or not assigned any IP\n' +
'eth0 is DOWN or not assigned an IP. Bringnig eth0 up...\n' +
'Can not find the manual filename, let us search for the auto filename\n' +
'Performing duplicate address check for IPv4 address 192.168.1.9\n' +
'\x1B[1;31mError: IP already exists in the network\x1B[0;39m\n' +
'\n' +
'Unable to set the network parameters\n'
},
{
id: 'install.setnet.set.network',
translatable: 'Failed to set network',
localized: 'Failed to set network'
}
],
componentKey: 'setnet',
problemId: null,
resolution: null

0 Kudos
jmontgomery2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I even deleted the failed install.  Attempted a simple New Install of 7.0 and still receive this error below.  I have verified that DNS has forward and reverse lookup entries for the IP Address.  So even taking the Upgrade/Migration out of the equation and just doing a new install gives the exact same error.

jmontgomery2_0-1639602961718.png

0 Kudos