VMware Cloud Community
Jehough
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone seen this? "Error 29113" during vCenter Inventory Service

I have a brand new server.  I installed ESXi 5.1 on it and created two VMs.  Each of which I loaded 2008 R2 and patched both up to current as of early last week.  One of the VMs is a domain controller.  The other is to be a VCenter Server.

Whether I try the simple install, or install the SSO first followed by the inventory service I get this error.  It tries to register with SSO and after a few seconds it says, "Error 29113. Wrong input - either a command line argument is wrong, a file cannot be found, or the spec file doesn't contain the required information, or the clocks on the two systems are not synchronized.  Check vm_ssoreg.log in system temporary folder for details."

When I check vm_ssoreg.log the last thing that it reports, "Invalid solution certificate. Certificate is not yet valid.".

It looks like it's going to SSO.ini which has a cert defined, rui.crt.  The path that it shows for this is "C:/programdata/vmware/infrastructure/inventory service/ssl//rui.crt"

I didn't typo on that path, the ini file has double slashes.  I've tried fixing the ini file, though the installer seems to replace it every time it's run.  I'm using version 5.1.0-880471.  So far google hasn't been very helpful and if there is a previous discussion here talking about it I've missed it.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
0 Replies