VMware Cloud Community
amansaxena78
Contributor
Contributor

Anti-Affinity

Hi All,

I don't have the feature of DRS in my license. Could any one please let me know if the DRS is mandatory to create the Anti-Affinity rules.

Current Scenario:

I have two VMs on One Host, I have created the Anti-Affinity rule so that both system could be run on different hosts. After applying the rule, both the VMs are still on the same host and it is showing 'No Conflict' while checking the rule. Also, when I migrated the VMs on the different (Second) host one by one, both the VMs had been migrated on the second host and still showing 'No Conflict' in the rules.

Could any one help me with the solution please?

Note: Attaching the screenshot as well.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Those rules are a function of DRS.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.resmgmt.doc/GUID-FF28F29C-8B67-4EFF...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
robc_yk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

DRS will handle the movement of the VM's. You can use host rules and machine rules for your desired placements.

mbufkin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You will need to be licensed for DRS.