VMware Cloud Community
bchris999
Contributor
Contributor

Alert after removing VSAN from Cluster

I added VSAN to my cluster to trial it (looks like potentially a great product btw), however after I removed the hosts and the disks and disabled VSAN in the cluster, I am getting the following Issue at the cluster level:

"vsan datastore datastore1 in cluster **** in datacenter **** does not have capacity".

Obviously datastore1 does not exist anymore as VSAN is now disabled. How can I get rid of the message?

Tags (1)
4 Replies
stanj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am seeing the same issue.. I had enabled VSAN in a cluster but then disabled it. I am now getting this message even though it is disabled. thanks

0 Kudos
Saadat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Apparently you have to ignore it for now.

There is no workaround according to vmware:

vCenter Server 5.5 Update 1 Release Notes

vCenter Server, vSphere Client, and vSphere Web Client

• Warning message persistently is displayed after Virtual SAN is disabled on a cluster*
    If no disk groups are created for a Virtual SAN enabled cluster, a warning message similar to the following is displayed on the Cluster Summary page:

vsan datastore datastore1 in cluster **** in datacenter **** does not have capacity

The error message continues to persist even after disabling Virtual SAN on the cluster. The issue does not occur if there are one or more disk groups created for a Virtual SAN cluster before disabling Virtual SAN on the cluster.Workaround: None.

Peace

http://www.linkedin.com/in/ernestsaadat
kwhornlcs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Found the same problem in my environment and found this post. Depending on how much work you're willing to do, you can create a new cluster, move one or two hosts over,  and migrate machines to the hosts on the new, repeat until all is set then remove the offending cluster. Not a clean work-around, but a workaround.

0 Kudos
alepregli
Contributor
Contributor

I found a KB : VMware KB: VMware Virtual SAN in cluster XXX in datacenter YYY does not have capacity

Is a know issue: "The message is safe to ignore in a non-virtual SAN cluster. You can also clear it by re-creating a cluster in vCenter server, which eliminates this message."

VCP
0 Kudos