VMware Cloud Community
rebelfalls
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

After upgrade VCSA cannot communicate with upgraded PSC servers

When I try to repoint the VCSA to different PSC server, error message thrown is ERROR_INVALID_FUNCTION (1)

All my devices were working and functioning prior to the upgrade. The PSC servers appear healthy and all services are running. Network connectivity is good between the servers.
I need to repoint the VCSA to a different PSC server address/hostname, but the error below is thrown. I cannot determine the cause of the VCSA refusing to repoint to a different PSC address. I had the same problem when upgrading my non-prod environment.
The PSC servers are behind a load balancer. Once the upgrade was complete on the PSCs, the traffic could not be passed from the VCSA to the PSCs through the load balancer. But, pointing directly to the PSC from the VCSA, communication worked as expected.
The main complaint in the logs is communication on port 636 (secure ldap)

Any Thoughts??

Error message:
psc01:~ # cmsso-util repoint --repoint-psc psc01.local
Validating Provided Configuration ...
Validation Completed Successfully.
Executing repointing steps. This will take few minutes to complete.
Please wait ...
2021-01-21T12:32:18.RC = 1
Stdout =
Stderr = Error 1: Possible errors:
LDAP error: Operations error
Win Error: Operation failed with error ERROR_INVALID_FUNCTION (1)Error:{
"resolution": null,
"detail": [
{
"args": [
"Stderr: Error 1: Possible errors: \nLDAP error: Operations error \nWin Error: Operation failed with error ERROR_INVALID_FUNCTION (1)\n"
],
"id": "install.ciscommon.command.errinvoke",
"localized": "An error occurred while invoking external command : 'Stderr: Error 1: Possible errors: \nLDAP error: Operations error \nWin Error: Operation failed with error ERROR_INVALID_FUNCTION (1)\n'",
"translatable": "An error occurred while invoking external command : '%(0)s'"
}
],
"componentKey": null,
"problemId": null
}
Failed to set evrr-pamppsc01.ccdc.local as the new Platform Services Controller

0 Kudos
0 Replies