VMware Cloud Community
Louis3698
Contributor
Contributor

After upgrade 6.0U3 is fail, VCENTER 6.0U2 Profile-Driven Storage service fails to start

Good Day Everyone.

I have a VCENTER SERVER 6.0U2 running on windows server 2008R2

Few days ago, i use the VCETNER 6.0U3 ISO to in-place upgrade my VCENTER.

But the upgrade is failed because some issue, the installation auto rollback itself.

After rollback, some of the function is unable to use in the VCENTER like web client and Vmotion.

But the most important service is Vmotion. When process the Vmotion Migrate, will show up error:

"A general system error occurred: PBM error occurred during PreMigrateCheckCallback: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

According of the VMWARE KB

vMotion of a virtual machine fails with the error: PBM error occurred during PreMigrateCheckCallback...

The Profile-Driven Storage service maybe not running, after i check out of the window service, confirm the service is not running.

When i right click start the service, the service cannot start. According the log of the service (vmware-sps\sps.log)

[WrapperSimpleAppMain] DEBUG opId= com.vmware.pbm.app.PbmLocalService - [getServerGUIDFromSourceVC] pbm.properties.upgrade not found

[WrapperSimpleAppMain] DEBUG opId= com.vmware.vim.storage.common.util.UUIDFactory - propFile - pbm.properties serverGuidKey- pbm.serverGuid defaultServerGuid- ##PBM_SERVER_GUID## guidToUse- null

Anyone have a idea?

1. Any action can fix this issue?

2. Can i use program and features, change option to repair my VCENTER?

3. The worst case is reinstall the VCENTER? Can i using the old VCENTER database when reinstall to keep all of the setting of VCENTER?

Like the assigned SAN Storage LUN,  cluster, network setting.

Thanks.

Regards,

Louis

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AishR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

• If the profile driven storage service is listed under Windows Services, try restarting the service.
  • If the profile driven storage service is not listed under Windows Services, repair the vCenter Server installation:
    1. Navigate to Control Panel > Program and Features.
    2. Right click on vCenter Server.
    3. Select Change.
0 Kudos