VMware Cloud Community
MikeOD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

After VCSA upgrade from 6.0u3 to 6.5u1, appliance shows both production IP and temp IP

Yesterday we did an upgrade of our VCSA from 6.0u3 to 6.5u1.  We did an upgrade at another site last week with no issues.

During the last part of the upgrade, in the “import copied data to target vcenter”, we got a vsintegrity error.  It gave the option to close or retry.  I clicked on “retry”, it then completed and said no errors, three green check marks.  (I found later that the vsintegrity may have been related to VUM, but we did have the migration assistant running on the VUM server during this process, so I'm not sure what the actual issue was)

I then tried accessing the appliance using the shortcut with the production IP of the VCSA (the same link used previously to the VCSA.  It came back with 503 service unavailable error.  I was able to access it with the HTML5 client with no issue.

I logged into the console of the appliance and checked services, the "vsphere client" service wasn’t running. I started the service and everything looks OK. 

My coworker and I checked various parts of the environment, everything looked OK.

This morning, I noticed that the virtual appliance shows two IP’s in VCenter, the temp IP it used during the upgrade, and the production IP that was on the “old” appliance.  The console of the virtual appliance, where it shows the version and URL, shows the temp IP.  Going into the DNS configuration on the appliance only shows the temp IP.

It almost looks like it took on the correct IP, but didn’t save it to the permanent configuration. It’s been about 24 hours, and everything seems to be working, so I really don’t want to revert back to the 6.0 appliance and have to go through the upgrade again.

I’ve got a support ticket into VMWare, but they haven’t called me back yet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike O.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeOD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Finally got connected with support (we did "phone tag" for a while).  They checked a bunch of stuff in VCenter, the appliance console, and the VAMI page, then had us do a snapshot of the VCSA and then change the IP in the VAMI console to the production IP.  As soon as we did that, the temp IP disappeared and everything is only showing the single, production IP.  No reboots, everything

0 Kudos
TOG2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I have also the same Problem with our Aplliance after Update. I still waiting 7 Day to get an answer from VM Support :smileyangry:

But nothing happend.

Maybe you remember what the Support do to fix this Problem.

Daniel B.

0 Kudos