VMware Cloud Community
rwheadon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Adding VCS SDK 6 to project also using VCAC 6.2 SDK generating w3 errors...

I have a project that needs to operate with VCS and VCAC. VCAC is already working to retrieve machine items and owner identity info, now attempting to attach to VCenter and finding that there are duplicated libs between the two SDKs in their jars. Is VCAC/VCS SDK incompatibility a known / intentional design issue?

By unpacking the jars I have verified that between the two SDK file sets the TransformType class (in path org/w3/_2000/_09/xmldsig_/TransformType.class) occurs 5 times between the 2 SDKs.

I am looking for a workaround that allows both SDKs to be available in one project.

Error Sample:

javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Unable to create JAXBContext

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.model.AbstractSEIModelImpl.createJAXBContext(AbstractSEIModelImpl.java:156)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.model.AbstractSEIModelImpl.postProcess(AbstractSEIModelImpl.java:84)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.model.RuntimeModeler.buildRuntimeModel(RuntimeModeler.java:234)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.createSEIPortInfo(WSServiceDelegate.java:673)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.addSEI(WSServiceDelegate.java:661)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.getPort(WSServiceDelegate.java:330)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.getPort(WSServiceDelegate.java:313)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.getPort(WSServiceDelegate.java:295)

at javax.xml.ws.Service.getPort(Service.java:119)

at com.rsa.names._2009._12.product.riat.wsdl.STSService.getSTSServicePort(STSService.java:72)

at com.vmware.sso.client.samples.AcquireBearerTokenByUserCredentialSample.getToken(AcquireBearerTokenByUserCredentialSample.java:100)

at com.vmware.vcloud.suite.samples.common.SSOConnection.login(SSOConnection.java:74)

at com.vmware.vcloud.suite.samples.workflow.VCSJavaScratchsheet.main(VCSJavaScratchsheet.java:58)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:144)

Caused by: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException: 46 counts of IllegalAnnotationExceptions

Two classes have the same XML type name "{http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#}TransformType". Use @XmlType.name and @XmlType.namespace to assign different names to them.

this problem is related to the following location:

at org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig_.TransformType

at protected java.util.List org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig_.TransformsType.transform

at org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig_.TransformsType

at protected org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig_.TransformsType org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig_.ReferenceType.transforms

at org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig_.ReferenceType

at public org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig_.ReferenceType org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig_.ObjectFactory.createReferenceType()

at org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig_.ObjectFactory

at protected java.util.List org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig_.CanonicalizationMethodType.content

at org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig_.CanonicalizationMethodType

at protected org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig_.CanonicalizationMethodType org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig_.SignedInfoType.canonicalizationMethod

at org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig_.SignedInfoType

at protected org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig_.SignedInfoType org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig_.SignatureType.signedInfo

at org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig_.SignatureType

at protected org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig_.SignatureType oasis.names.tc.saml._2_0.assertion.AssertionType.signature

at oasis.names.tc.saml._2_0.assertion.AssertionType

at public oasis.names.tc.saml._2_0.assertion.AssertionType oasis.names.tc.saml._2_0.assertion.ObjectFactory.createAssertionType()

at oasis.names.tc.saml._2_0.assertion.ObjectFactory

this problem is related to the following location:

at org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig.TransformType

at protected java.util.List org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig.TransformsType.transform

at org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig.TransformsType

at protected org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig.TransformsType org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig.ReferenceType.transforms

at org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig.ReferenceType

at public org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig.ReferenceType org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig.ObjectFactory.createReferenceType()

at org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig.ObjectFactory

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwheadon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

UPDATE : I was able to put the sdk into its own project and use Maven Shade to relocate the paths of most classes that were proving to be a problem, but I have gotten stuck on the oasis_open paths due to the fact that I can't seem to shade them without blowing up JAXB.

<relocations>

<relocation>

<pattern>org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig</pattern>

<shadedPattern>org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig_</shadedPattern>

</relocation>

<relocation>

<pattern>org.w3._2005._08.addressing_</pattern>

<shadedPattern>org.w3._2005._08.addressing</shadedPattern>

</relocation>

<relocation>

<pattern>com.vmware.sso.client.utils</pattern>

<shadedPattern>com.vmware.sso.client.utils_</shadedPattern>

</relocation>

<relocation>

<pattern>com.vmware.sso.client.samples</pattern>

<shadedPattern>com.vmware.sso.client.samples_</shadedPattern>

</relocation>

<relocation>

<pattern>com.vmware.sso.client.wssecurity</pattern>

<shadedPattern>com.vmware.sso.client.wssecurity_</shadedPattern>

</relocation>

<relocation>

<pattern>com.vmware.sso.client.soaphandlers</pattern>

<shadedPattern>com.vmware.sso.client.soaphandlers_</shadedPattern>

</relocation>

</relocations>

Current Error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.oasis_open.docs.wss._2004._01.oasis_200401_wss_wssecurity_secext_1_0.UsernameTokenType.setPassword(Lorg/oasis_open/docs/wss/_2004/_01/oasis_200401_wss_wssecurity_secext_1_0/PasswordString;)V

at com.vmware.sso.client.soaphandlers_.UserCredentialHandler.createUsernameToken(UserCredentialHandler.java:61)

I am finding that the classloader is loading org.oasis_open.docs.wss._2004._01.oasis_200401_wss_wssecurity_secext_1_0.UsernameTokenType from com/vmware/cafe/cafe-sdk-client-nodeps/6.2.0/cafe-sdk-client-nodeps-6.2.0.jar and that version of the class does not have the setPassword() method. I'm not really sure why the same version path has two different implementations of UsernameTokenType.class but this is the current stopping point.

Update 2016.08.29 : With tainted SDK code I have gotten these two SDKs to work together. VMWare needs to fix and test their SDKs so that they will both work regardless of Java classpath loader preference unless they would like to accept that vRO, vRA and VCS SDKs are likely NOT going to run together in a single Java project

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rwheadon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

UPDATE : I was able to put the sdk into its own project and use Maven Shade to relocate the paths of most classes that were proving to be a problem, but I have gotten stuck on the oasis_open paths due to the fact that I can't seem to shade them without blowing up JAXB.

<relocations>

<relocation>

<pattern>org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig</pattern>

<shadedPattern>org.w3._2000._09.xmldsig_</shadedPattern>

</relocation>

<relocation>

<pattern>org.w3._2005._08.addressing_</pattern>

<shadedPattern>org.w3._2005._08.addressing</shadedPattern>

</relocation>

<relocation>

<pattern>com.vmware.sso.client.utils</pattern>

<shadedPattern>com.vmware.sso.client.utils_</shadedPattern>

</relocation>

<relocation>

<pattern>com.vmware.sso.client.samples</pattern>

<shadedPattern>com.vmware.sso.client.samples_</shadedPattern>

</relocation>

<relocation>

<pattern>com.vmware.sso.client.wssecurity</pattern>

<shadedPattern>com.vmware.sso.client.wssecurity_</shadedPattern>

</relocation>

<relocation>

<pattern>com.vmware.sso.client.soaphandlers</pattern>

<shadedPattern>com.vmware.sso.client.soaphandlers_</shadedPattern>

</relocation>

</relocations>

Current Error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.oasis_open.docs.wss._2004._01.oasis_200401_wss_wssecurity_secext_1_0.UsernameTokenType.setPassword(Lorg/oasis_open/docs/wss/_2004/_01/oasis_200401_wss_wssecurity_secext_1_0/PasswordString;)V

at com.vmware.sso.client.soaphandlers_.UserCredentialHandler.createUsernameToken(UserCredentialHandler.java:61)

I am finding that the classloader is loading org.oasis_open.docs.wss._2004._01.oasis_200401_wss_wssecurity_secext_1_0.UsernameTokenType from com/vmware/cafe/cafe-sdk-client-nodeps/6.2.0/cafe-sdk-client-nodeps-6.2.0.jar and that version of the class does not have the setPassword() method. I'm not really sure why the same version path has two different implementations of UsernameTokenType.class but this is the current stopping point.

Update 2016.08.29 : With tainted SDK code I have gotten these two SDKs to work together. VMWare needs to fix and test their SDKs so that they will both work regardless of Java classpath loader preference unless they would like to accept that vRO, vRA and VCS SDKs are likely NOT going to run together in a single Java project

0 Kudos