VMware Cloud Community
mkhatri
Contributor
Contributor

Add multiple licenses to one Datacenter

I would like to confirm if multiple Vsphere Acceleration Kit licenses can be added to one datacenter.

Have heard that Licensing policy allows only 1 Datacenter per each acceleration kit.

Please confirm.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Note: Discussion successfully moved from VMware vSphere™ vNetwork to VMware vCenter™

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
jdptechnc
Expert
Expert

Yes, see the fine print on this page

"Larger all-in-one solutions that combine 6 CPU licenses of a specific vSphere with Operations Management edition, one instance of VMware vCenter Server Standard edition for centralized management. All kits have a limit of one purchase per customer site and SnS is required for at least one year."

VMware vSphere Pricing Options

Please consider marking as "helpful", if you find this post useful. Thanks!... IT Guy since 12/2000... Virtual since 10/2006... VCAP-DCA #2222
0 Kudos
Atul_gen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I don't think that Vsphere Acceleration Kit licenses is applied on Datacenter level.If you buy this kit (Vsphere Acceleration Kit ) then you can use upto 6 processors (cpus) and you can enable  the features wrt edition(standar,enterprise or enterprises plus), one instance of virtual center.This license can be used on multiple datacenters but within single virtual center server.You can not use same license kit for another virtual center.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Atul

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
jdptechnc
Expert
Expert

I think he was asking about being restricted to a physical location rather than a datacenter object within vCenter.  I'm pretty sure you're right about there not being any restrictions within the software regarding how you use vSphere, outside of the features thare are only available in a higher edition.  But I think you can split the licenses, once you get the key for the acceleration kit, and allocate the ESXi per-CPU licenses anywhere you wish.

Please consider marking as "helpful", if you find this post useful. Thanks!... IT Guy since 12/2000... Virtual since 10/2006... VCAP-DCA #2222
0 Kudos