VMware Cloud Community
khans567
Contributor
Contributor

Add authorized user in Local Security Group of Windows during the Migration of Windows vCenter6.0 to VCSA 6.7

i am facing an error during the Windows vCenter Server migration from 6.0 to 6.7 . Error is prompted when Migration assistance 6.7 run the process to check the pre-checks

" The User running the upgrade/migration process does not have 'Replace a process Level token privilege which is required to perform the upgrade when VMware Migration Assistance run on Windows vCenter Server"

Utility also print the message about the resolution for adding domain user in local policy against "User Rights Assignment" Under the Policy " Replace a process level token" but i have not rights on this policy for adding respective user because "Add User or Group" button is disabled.

Now, i am stuck to perform the Lab of Windows vCenter migration to vCSA 6.7. Please help out….

Screenshot are attached for reference. Secondly, Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition is installed on Windows vCenter Server.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert

Try logging as local administrator and grant access to vcadmin account.

0 Kudos
khans567
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for quick reply.

Actually, vCenter is installed using domain account "vcadmin" and vcenter Server service runs through vcadmin account. Secondly, I have already tried to run vCenter Migration assistance utility from local administrator account of Windows but same error message is prompted.

I have also tried to authorize the vcadmin account in Local Security Policy of Windows under the Policy " Replace a process level token" but could not succeeded due to unauthorized because respective Button "Add User and Group" is disable.

When i search on internet to find out the way forward then it was mentioned on forum that this button is enable on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 for adding receptive user.

0 Kudos
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert

Login with local administrator acc and verify if "add user or group" option is enabled.

0 Kudos
khans567
Contributor
Contributor

No, I have verified again.

0 Kudos
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert

have you tried from rsop.msc??

0 Kudos
khans567
Contributor
Contributor

same result through rsop.msc utility.

0 Kudos
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert

Can you Edit the policy from AD machine??

I am thinking there might be some policy defined that is not allowing any user to modify security settings.

0 Kudos
khans567
Contributor
Contributor

I have checked from concern team and they have verified that nothing this type of group policy is configured at AD side.

0 Kudos