Thank you

Labels (1)
  • He

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The {code} area of VMTN is for SDK matters, there is a general vSphere area for questions such as this - a moderator should be along to move your thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ar35
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry i didn't know, I'm a beginner.

Thank you for your answer.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Whether or not to join ESXi hosts to an AD depends on your needs. If you usually manage your hosts through vCenter Server, and only occasionally need to access the hosts directly, I don't see a reason for joining the hosts to the AD.

As a side note: Joining vCenter Server to an AD is a deprecated feature. Use LDAP(S) authentication instead.

André

0 Kudos
ar35
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your answer. 

0 Kudos
ar35
Contributor
Contributor

It's for the log !

If the admin must to connect to the host, and the vcenter fall.

It's better for the traceability to rattach the esxi to the LDAPS, and not to use the root account isn't it ? 

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

There's no LDAPS authentication available for the ESXi hosts themselves. To reconnect a host to vCenter Server you need to specify valid host credentials, e.g. the host's root account.

ANdré

0 Kudos