VMware Cloud Community
Zade
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ADAM errors after migration to Windows 2012 R2

I am seeing some error messages in our new Windows 2012 R2 vCenter application event logs - the error refers to the old vCenter database.

What I have done is kept the original name of the server and IP address with the migration, then changed the name of the original Windows 2008 R2 server to hostname-old and renamed the Windows 2012 R2 server to the original hostname (from hostname-new)

I have also migrated the ADAM database (although I did this after renaming the server to -old) which is where I think its gone wrong?

Can anyone help?

Adam Errors1.JPG

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It doensnt look like a problem with WIndows 2012 server. An user with 2008 also faced this issue.

Moving vSphere Server and SQL Database... Help Please!

can you please try the following workaround from Microsoft? Try changing the service account as mentioned in the KB.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc733182(v=ws.10).aspx

Zade
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for that, I will try and change the service to run on a service account rather than "Network Service"

I am also getting these every 15 minutes 😞

The attempt to establish a replication link for the following writable directory partition failed.

Directory partition:

DC=virtualcenter,DC=vmware,DC=int

Source directory service:

CN=NTDS Settings,CN=HOSTNAMEOFNEWVCENTERSERVER$VMwareVCMSDS\0ACNF:c2141938-26d3-436d-b545-0281a9d3df86,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,CN={C7040EF2-F6C7-4C6F-8977-86A6C4D6438B}

Source directory service address:

hostnameofnewserver.domain.local:cda12eef-897b-4034-b603-b0a4a631f16b

Intersite transport (if any):

This directory service will be unable to replicate with the source directory service until this problem is corrected.

User Action

Verify if the source directory service is accessible or network connectivity is available.

Additional Data

Error value:

1772 The list of RPC servers available for the binding of auto handles has been exhausted.

0 Kudos