VMware Cloud Community
DDPE11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

AD Authentication failed after update 7.03g to 7.03i

Hi All,

I have an issue after update VC 7.03g to 7.03i or 7.03j

AD account could not authenticate and the error message is "[....] not permission to login".

Before the update the authentication has possible with an AD account.

For information, I applied this KB before the update "https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/90227"

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheSleepyAdmin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

What are you using as a Identity source AD Integrated Windows Authentication or AD over LDAP. Did you try add a new users after the update just to see if its only a issue with existing accounts or that you can still connect to AD and view users. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
TheSleepyAdmin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi DDPE11 

Have you checked the permission are still correct on the account you are trying to logon as. Is there anything in the vCenter SSO logs. 

0 Kudos
DDPE11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Permission are correct. If I restore my snapshot, I authenticated successfully.

Nothing into Vcenter SSO Logs sorry

0 Kudos
TheSleepyAdmin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

What are you using as a Identity source AD Integrated Windows Authentication or AD over LDAP. Did you try add a new users after the update just to see if its only a issue with existing accounts or that you can still connect to AD and view users. 

DDPE11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

It's a good idea. I reapplied update and change AD integrated Windows Authentication for AD over LDAP and it's worked.

Kind Regards.

0 Kudos
BrettK1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

7.03i also broke our IWA (I suppose that's one 'fix' for the IWA related CVEs in 7.03i).
As IWA is deprecated, the official vmWare answer was 'Switch to LDAP', which leaves us in multiple unwanted states until an approved change window (for reasons affected by the break, but not the break-fix itself).

0 Kudos