VMware Cloud Community
Frank2000
Contributor
Contributor

A general system error occurred: PBM error occurred during PreMigrateCheckCallback: vmodl.fault.SystemError

Hello Experts,

I have deployed a Virtual Machine using ova template but whenever I tried to start the virtual machine I am getting the error

A general system error occurred: PBM  error occurred during  PreMigrateCheckCallback:  vmodl.fault.SystemError

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AdrianTT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Frank,

Two things I would recommend; first check that your Storage Driven Profile Service is running on vCenter (and try restarting it) as per vMotion of a virtual machine fails with the error: PBM error occurred during PreMigrateCheckCallback...  and if this fails check the Storage Profiles assigned to the Virtual machine. I had a similar issue with some VMs after a vCenter 6.0 upgrade where the Storage Profiles were all unset which caused this problem whenever a configuration change was attempted on the VM. The following blog post walks through the issue I had and the fix vCloud Director for SP 8.X – Unable to add disks – PBM error occurred during PreMigrationCheckCallba...

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your query have been answered correctly. Cheers,
0 Kudos