VMware Cloud Community
gruden
Contributor
Contributor

6.5 PSC with 6.0U2 vCenter?

Hi All,

I've built up a vSphere 6.0U2 environment with 2 load-balanced PSCs with 2 linked vCenters, all of which are installed on Windows 2012 hosts.

Since the migration from our 5.5 environment is delayed, I have an opening to build/upgrade to v6.5, however I would want to use the appliances to take advantage of the HA features.  Thus the 6.0 vCenter servers would not be upgraded.

So the first step is to upgrade the PSCs.  Upon doing so, would the current 6.0 vCenters continue to function normally with the updated PSCs for a period of a couple months until they can be removed in favor of the appliances?  Can 6.5 VCSA appliances co-exist with 6.0 vCenter servers in the same 6.5 PSC SSO domain?  Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JRT68
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone have an answer for this?

I successfully upgraded my 6.0U2 PSC appliance to 6.5, but had to postpone the VC upgrade after the stage 2 pre-checks. The 6.0 VC is running fine on the 6.5 PSC, but I would like some validation this is OK to run for a while. I also need to deploy two more 6.5 PSCs on the same SSO domain. So is it OK to have three 6.5 PSCs in a single SSO domain in three different sites, but only have the one 6.0 VC attached? Once I get the first VC upgraded to 6.5 then I will deploy the other two VCs.

0 Kudos