VMware Cloud Community
emanonevahi
Contributor
Contributor

[500] SSO error: Cannot connect to the VMware Component Manager

Running 6.5 on windows

After spending a lot of time spelunking through the logs, I'm not seeing any other errors than:

ERROR com.vmware.cis.services.cm.service.Main ()] start: Component Manager failed to start

I've tried most things from other threads, but either I couldn't find where something was because they were talking about the other version and I wasn't able to find a comparable place in the windows file structure, or it didn't work/ the error's they had were different.

Attached the cm.log, I didn't attach the Certificate-manager.log as it hasn't been updated since the error started. I can add that too if anyone wants to see it.

Attempting to start the services, it gets stuck on:

Service-control failed. Error Failed to start vmon services.vmon-cli RC=2, stderr=Failed to start cm services. Error: Service crashed while starting

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ajay1988
Expert
Expert

Error seen is ""com.vmware.vim.sso.admin.exception.InternalError: General failure"" 

Is this an external PSC setup ? 

Its trying to reach here [https://DBSVCENTER.Designs.local:443/lookupservice/sdk] . Is this VC+embedded PSC ? Please make sure you have DNS records (Both forward + reverse)

You should move to vCSA to avoid windows issues.

If you think your queries have been answered
Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful".

Regards,
AJ
0 Kudos
emanonevahi
Contributor
Contributor

This is an external PSC setup

I inherited this environment, so I don't know why it was setup the way it was, but until I get it working, I am hesitant to move to vCSA having no info on the previous setup.

DNS is working as it should, and A and PTR records are there for this host.

0 Kudos
Ajay1988
Expert
Expert

Is this the PSC box DBSVCENTER.Designs.local  ??

What is the VC Box FQDN ? 

Please check the communication between PSC and VC. Also make sure PSC services are up before starting the VC services.

If you think your queries have been answered
Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful".

Regards,
AJ
0 Kudos