VMware {code} Community
gnegri
Contributor
Contributor

A general system error occurred: SSL Exception: error:14077102:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unsupported protocol

Hi,

I want to convert a machine with Windows 10 , destination VCenter 5.5. I use converter 6.2.0 Standalone but I still have the error in question.

I've already changed in the converter-worker.xml file the tag <useSsl> </ useSsl>  in false.

Thank you

7 Replies
patanassov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

0 Kudos
gnegri
Contributor
Contributor

Yes but nothing.

0 Kudos
patanassov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You mean you have changed <sslOptions> to 56313856 in both converter-server.xml, converter-worker.xml, converter-agent.xml, and converter-client.xml, restarted all converter services, and the same error persists?

0 Kudos
kolonuk
Contributor
Contributor

I only have converter-client.xml, and changing the SSL code in there allows me to connect, but I can't get VM details on the next screen.

Where are the other three files?

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone"  folder.

Don't forget to restart services.

kolonuk
Contributor
Contributor

OK, so this is how it worked for me - I was moving machines from ESX 5.1.0 build 799733 to ESX 6.5.0 Update 1 build 5969303

1. Install VMWare converter v6.2.0 build 8466193
  2. Change all references of "123422720" to "56313856" in the following files:
    • C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone\converter-agent.xml
    • C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone\converter-server.xml
    • C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone\converter-worker.xml
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone\converter-client.xml
  3. Restart all VMWare vCenter Converter services.

In all the searching for an answer to this, I'm astonished that no one has offered precise locations of these files.  After uninstalling and re-installing numerous versions of VMWare converter looking for these files, I gave up and decided to search the whole Windows C drive for any xml files that looked remotely similar.  Lo and behold, there they were, just in a completely different location to the installation.  Why?, who knows, but when I design programs, I keep things together to make life easy, not deliberately put things in random places to make life harder...  Plus, it annoys me that no one puts all the required information into answers - just simple one liners that hint at darker arcane knowledge that the rest of us aspire to achieve.

Anyway, after spending 2 hours on this, rant over.  I'm happy again. Yay!

patanassov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What do you mean "no one has offered precise locations of these files"? POCEH's comment just above gives the exact folder location.

0 Kudos