VMware {code} Community
Dimitri2000
Contributor
Contributor

Warning for Add-in Card 10 35-GOU2

So for some reason i have warnings on my 4 ESXi hosts.
3 of which when i go alarms or warnings or hardware status i dont see anything. But they all have the yellow exclamation warning sign on the HOSTs. We have a 90 Day Evaluation license which has 60 days left. They are 3 Proliant Gen 8 and 1 Gen 7 blades that host ESXi. ESXi and vSphere are all 5.5.

But for right now the Gen 8 that has something in the Hardware Status monitor is driving me crazy. I try to go to the HP onboard Administrator and i do health checks and hardwarde tests and it shows everything is good and all lights are Green (showing perfecrt health).

Please see screenshot below and let me know if you could help me out.

Thanks.

2014_05_12_11_08_29_INTVCENTER5.DEV.HAIMSINT.MIL_vSphere_Client.jpg

18 Replies
magnussjodin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dimitri,

We are experiencing the same problem on our Gen8 with vSphere 5.5.

Did you find a solution to this problem?

Br,

Magnus

0 Kudos
Fnilsen80
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Anyone found a solution to this?

I have the same warnings (after upgrading 5.0 to 5.5U1)

0 Kudos
NitzanYemal
Contributor
Contributor

Same here - after upgrading from 5.0 to 5.5

0 Kudos
ASOF
Contributor
Contributor

Exaclty the same problem here Gents.

HP Blades 460c Gen8 , with latest SPP (February 2014) and ESXI 5.5u1 .

Onboard administrator 4.21 not reporting any errors.

i have tried reseting the sensors but nothing happens

vmware pls advice

AS

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Try to restart the host, have seen this a few times and a reboot have solved it.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
ASoff
Contributor
Contributor

Well I had HP support USA connect to my blades yesterday and restarted almost all the watchdogs  , vpxa ,, hpsum and agents and the notification went away (that and one more blade with another sensor reporting issue).

I guess restarting the blade would probably have the same effect but we avoided having to vmotion the VMs to other blades and crowd them (especially avoided the ones using RDMs)

anyway looks ok for now , hope the notification never come back.

thanks

Asof

0 Kudos
AndyH310
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here.  Restarting the agents from the ESXi shell with this command clears the warnings after a few minutes:

services.sh restart

0 Kudos
ragmon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same problem here as well with ESXi 5.5 U1.

Capture.png

0 Kudos
ASoff
Contributor
Contributor

suggest you try installing the latest ISO  VMware-ESXi-5.5.0-Update1-1746018-HP-5.74.27-Jun2014.iso

0 Kudos
MarcusFoelling
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dimitri,

~ # /etc/init.d/sfcbd-watchdog restart

and then Host > Hardware Status > Update

solved the issue for us.

Regards,

Marcus

VCP - VCI CCA - CCEA - CCIA - CCI
0 Kudos
vmatzeetcATdts
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

same problem here, any updates beside restarting monitoring services or servers?

Cheers

Matt

0 Kudos
narmonk
Contributor
Contributor

We are experiencing the same issues across multiple clusters and data centers. Have put in a call with VMware & HP support and so far have only been told to try the ~ # /etc/init.d/sfcbd-watchdog restart that Marcus mentioned by VMware. Although this took away the alert, it was only temporary. HP ran hardware tests and found that there were no issues with the hardware and had no other offerings by means of solution as they pointed the blame back at VMware. We are receiving not only the same temperature issues, but are also receiving issues about Storage, Logs and System Chassis 3 Enclsoure Asserts. We have reopened the case with VMware and will update if we get anywhere past this. Has anyone else had any success? This is pretty ridiculous.

0 Kudos
jlambrichts
Contributor
Contributor

Dear all,

We are experiencing the same issue on our blade infrastructure with HP firmware 4.01, even after update ESXi, 5.5.0, 1892794.

This issue is not occurring on our “older” blades with HP firmware 3.71.

Kind regards,
Jeroen Lambrichts

0 Kudos
amirhusainov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Try this #localcli hardware ipmi sel clear. my techdirt: false GPU overhearting warning on esxi 5.5

Or in the vSphere client you can choose host, open Configuration->Security Profile->click Properties... link in the Services section and restart CIM Server. You can try to Update information in the Hardware Status pane, but it will be much faster logout of the client and login again.

Or open ssh session and run command /etc/init.d/sfcbd-watchdog restart.

It worked for me.

0 Kudos
Dipankar1985
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I am also facing same problem with multiple ESXi 5.5.0 update 1746018 and all system are installed HP Proliant BL460c Gen8 Blade. Clearing IPMI logs by localcli hardware ipmi sel clear or resetting the sensor is not helping here any more. I have found this might be a fales alert can be possible with above Hardware and OS combination:

my techdirt: false GPU overhearting warning on esxi 5.5

I understand restarting watchdog/management service or ESXi host might fixed it temporarily but this is not right approach for any production environment.

Can somebody puts some lights on it ??

---Dipankar Saha

0 Kudos
Fnilsen80
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi guys.

I updated all my hosts to from 5.5(no update) to 5.5 - Update 2 (HP image) about a week ago and have not seen any error messages after that. - and I had a LOT of error messages.

/rank

0 Kudos
DBoring
Contributor
Contributor

We are running HP BL460c Gen 8 with a fresh install of HP ESXi 5.5 U2 (build 2068190). A service restart of Watchdog (CIM Server) resolved the alarm.

0 Kudos
SCC3
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone found a permenant fix for this one?

We are running ESXi 5.5 build 2302651 on BL460c BIOS I31.  Seeing the same issue.

0 Kudos