VMware {code} Community
HeikoGe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCLS Orphaned

Hello,

I have a Cluster with 4 Hosts in my vCenter with vSAN. vCenter is Version 7.0.3, updated today, but the problem is older.

2 of my 3 vCLS machines are orphaned. Yes they are deleted from Hosts but in vcenter the are there as orphaned.

I try to remove in vCenters Website but they dont let removing from there.

I try with PowerCLI it says "No Permission"

I try with MOB it says "No Permission"

With config.vcls.clusters.domain-c21.enabled = false it don´t delete the Machines

With config.vcls.clusters.domain-c21.enabled = true it don´t create new Machines

Of course I logged in with administrator@vspere.local, but nothing works. Is ther anything what I can do?

I will not reinstall the vCenter because some machines are needed at the moment.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
3 Replies
GerhardUM
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We had the same issue and we had the same problem.

Most notably that the vCLS systems were orphaned in the vCenter inventory, and the administrator@vsphere.local account had "No Permission" to resolve the issue from the vCenter DCLI.

(Which is disturbing, given that even the owner of the system can't resolve issues with the vCLS systems.)

We tried:

- deleting he vCLS systems from storage (they were already orphaned)

- deleting them using the dcli on the vCenter itself (no permission for the administrator@vsphere.local account - which is an affront to the natural order of the Universe)

- Enabling Retreat Mode (setting the Advanced Settings for the specific cluster, disabling the vCLS feature, rebooting the vCenter, then enabling the vCLS mode)

The ONLY thing that worked is the KBB above.

NOTE: That KBB will generate MANY error even then it works. 

0 Kudos
Caleffin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, I had a similar issue to yours and couldn't remove the orphaned VMs. To solve it I went to Cluster/Configure/vSphere cluster services/Datastore. In this path I added a different datastore to the one where the vms were, with that he destroyed them all and created them again.

0 Kudos