VMware {code} Community
tian2
Contributor
Contributor

esxi 6.7 can't open the management page

I have installed esxi version 6.7. I have a question for you. I have set the static IP and can log in to the web management page smoothly. However, after a period of time (1 ~ 2 hours), you cannot log in to the management page through the IP address. You must restart the host or use the "test management network" option to open the management page. An attempt was made to modify the static IP, but without effect. Network environment: the host connects the AP through the network cable, and then connects the switch to the router. What is the reason and ask for solutions, thank you!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
CLINZ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Seems odd that it's intermittent, especially given the static IP, i could understand if it was DHCP as it may be related to lease length. 

When performing a constant ping do you also drop packets which correlate with the timeout of the GUI?

0 Kudos
FirozeB_za
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Is there a DHCP with an overlapping range? 

can you see the connection from any of the network switches ?

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thread reported, hopefully a moderator should now move it to the area for ESXi.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
tian2
Contributor
Contributor

When performing a constant ping,Everything is normal. The DHCP function of AP has been disabled, and only the DHCP function of soft router is enabled.
0 Kudos
Quickdraw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The intermittent nature of this really sounds like you have a duplicate IP conflct going on. I'd make sure the host address is excluded from any DHCP pools and you don't have another device sitting on that same address. 

0 Kudos