VMware {code} Community
esardinha08
Contributor
Contributor

Which employees are logging into view desktops?

I have been set with a task to find out how many employees are using their view desktops.  Many times we are asked to set up a view desktop for an employee who is constantly traveling as they are mainly sales.  We feel that we are wasting many resources assigning desktops that employees are not logging into.  Is there a script or program we can run against our user accounts and see exactly who logs onto their desktop?  We are on view 5.2.

Thanks,

7 Replies
esardinha08
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone shed some light on this?  We have agents that come and go on a daily basis and a script to find out exactly who is still using a virtual desktop would make things easier on us.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Have you already looked at vCenter Operations for View?

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
esardinha08
Contributor
Contributor

No I have not, I did not hear of this before.  Will it do what I need?

0 Kudos
esardinha08
Contributor
Contributor

I checked into it and it turns it we have it but I don't think you can view reports of users who log into desktops, can you?

0 Kudos
Akopylov
Commander
Commander

hi esardinha08.

why dont you use vmware view events in administration tab of connection server? or u can use event database and select events you need.

one another way - use view powercli, get-eventreport http://myvirtualcloud.net/?p=2882.

esardinha08
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, thanks for that response.  This looks like it will work, I will test and get back to you!

esardinha08
Contributor
Contributor

I want to mark it correct after I test it, how do I go about doing that after I selected helpful?

0 Kudos