VMware {code} Community
YVsubbareddy12
Contributor
Contributor

Getting boot status of a virtual machine in automation

deployed a VM from ova in vcenter, once VM is powered on , the VM has to go boot process(like first time installation of linux),how to find how much boot process is done for automation.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Not 100% sure what you're asking, but it sounds like you'd like to check the status of the guest OS inside a VM so that you can automate some things once it gets to a certain point in the boot process?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
YVsubbareddy12
Contributor
Contributor

yes,i want to check status of the Guest OS boot process in VM (whether properly booted or not)

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If running VMware Tools in the guest OS there is a heartbeat process, otherwise you could either get the guest OS to send out a push of some kind or maybe poll the guest OS on the network. Those are the only things I can personally think of - I'm not a coder!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos