VMware {code} Community
DSeaman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Get-TrustAuthorityKeyProviderServerCertificate times out before task completes

I have a problem with the Get-TrustAuthorityKeyProviderServerCertificate command. I'm using it as:

Get-TrustAuthorityKeyProviderServerCertificate -KeyProviderServer $kp.KeyProviderServers

and the task takes about 60 seconds to complete (according to the vCenter task console), but the powershell command times out after 30 seconds:

------

Get-TrustAuthorityKeyProviderServerCertificate : 3/14/2021 9:03:03 PM Get-TrustAuthorityKeyProviderServerCertificate The task
'task-647:88d1695a-a667-4cae-8a15-53a1fa5b0cb7' is not able to finish within 30 seconds, it is still in status: 'RUNNING'.
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-TrustAuthorityKeyProviderServerCertificate -KeyProviderServer $kp ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ResourceBusy: (:) [Get-TrustAuthor...rverCertificate], VimException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Security_Impl_TaskUtils_VAPITaskNotFinished,VMware.VimAutomation.Security.Commands.Cmdlets.TrustedInfras
tructure.GetTrustAuthorityKeyProviderServerCertificate

Get-TrustAuthorityKeyProviderServerCertificate : 3/14/2021 9:03:06 PM Get-TrustAuthorityKeyProviderServerCertificate
TrustAuthorityKeyProviderServerCertificate with keyproviderserverid 'domain-c20-clkp:172.26.13.20' was not found using the specified
filter(s).
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-TrustAuthorityKeyProviderServerCertificate -KeyProviderServer $kp ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (:) [Get-TrustAuthor...rverCertificate], VimException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Core_OutputHelper_WriteNotFoundError,VMware.VimAutomation.Security.Commands.Cmdlets.TrustedInfrastructur
e.GetTrustAuthorityKeyProviderServerCertificate

-----

I think the failure is due to the timeout after 30 seconds. But I haven't found the proper PowerCLI command to extend the timeout. Any idea on how I can get the command to successfully run?

Derek Seaman
0 Kudos
2 Replies
philiph1
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue. Have you solved the problem?

0 Kudos
GryffiNxGn
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere 8 and the issue persists. I can't continue to set up a Trust Authority without this crucial step.

Are there any alternative ways to export the Trusted Key Provider Server certificate? 

0 Kudos