VMware {code} Community
DaveM2
Contributor
Contributor

Datagrid Editing problem

Hi,

We are using vRealize Automation 8.8 version and are working on an implementation of a cataloge item in vRA.

We need to implement a dropdown menu in the data grid (see attached the file „Grid_to Edit.png”) for the fields: Severity, assignment and CI.

The main issue that if the user would like to modify an existing data in the grid, she/he would like to have a dropdown menu under specific fields like Severity, assignment  and CI.

The CI data comes from an other action( it will give us back an array with String) and we would like to use it in a dropdown field.

could you please be so kind and support us how would it be possible to implement a dropdown menu for the fields: Severity, assignment  and CI in order to edit those fields in the data grid?

Thank you in advance for your kind support.

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There is a forum area for vRA if what you're asking about is specific to vRA?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
DaveM2
Contributor
Contributor

Our problem is that we would like to call an action to fill the field CI in the data grid( currently the data grid is a composite type) and the questin here is there a possible way to add an array of strings into this data grid transform that field into a dropdown?( I already tried to change the composite type itself but not worked and) So basicly the questin is that is there any possible way to use one of the fields as a dropdown menu for the user ad fill that dropdown with specific data from an action?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes or no - is the issue/requirement specific to vRA?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos