VMware {code} Community
vm271a
Contributor
Contributor

Can't start VM - vmx file contain log data?!

Hello,

I can't start my VM. When I check the .vmx config file I see this:

Looks like a log for me. Why is it in the vmx file? Make no sense for me. And I am pretty sure this is why my vm do not start. What can I do? Problem is also that the vm was encrypted and normally the vmx file contain data for the encryption.

95c098144da2d6a0fab085bc1a975b05.pngbf430526541c1db1e3a2cc25dd58b7c5.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

First, your thread needs to be moved to the area of the Communities for Workstation, the {code} area is for SDKs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
vm271a
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. Can someone move my thread? I really need my data from this vm. Hopefully someone can explain whats wrong and why there are logs in the config file.
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I see you couldn’t wait so created a duplicate anyway, so I have now reported this thread for a second time.

In case you didn’t realise, the moderators are volunteers helping in their own time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos