VMware {code} Community
kennethyedica
Contributor
Contributor

Black screen

I can log into the View Connection Server. When I click on a particular VM I get a black screen. All other VMs in the domain are accessible. I have updated the VMWare Tools, verified that the video card is the same as a known good  VM.  I have rebooted the VM several times. 

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Ken Yedica

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Shen88
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hello @kennethyedica,

Could you confirm the Guest OS, is that Windows or any of the Linux flavour? In case its Windows, you may try these steps.

• Power off the VM. Right-click the virtual machine and click Edit Settings. Select VM Options. Click Advanced and click Edit Configuration Search for the advanced parameter svga.vgaonly and set it to FALSE. Power on the VM.
  • Boot the virtual machine into Safe Mode. In the Device Manager, change the driver for the VGA card to the standard MS VGA Driver. Reboot the virtual machine. Uninstall the wrong version of VMware tools. Install the correct version of VMware tools.
  • Look for new Windows and graphics driver updates and install them to see if that helps.
  • Disabling your dedicated graphics device is another workaround that you can try to fix the issue.

If you think your queries have been answered, Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful" and consider giving kudos to appreciate!

Regards,
Shen
0 Kudos